It’s of course a recurring them on the internet, many people are concerned with security, privacy and internet filtering so spend a lot of time searching for solutions. However inexplicably people seem to think they can find these solutions in a free proxy online. Just think about it to provide a free proxy – you need to create the following:
- A high powered server connected to the internet.
- Support people to keep it both secure and online.
- Someone to pay all the bandwidth costs (a lot!) of the server
- Allow everyone to use it for nothing.
Why would anyone would do this? Why would they pay huge amounts of money, spend their own time – simply for thousands of strangers to bypass internet blocks, surf porn at school or simply mess around on Facebook at work. Of course there is no logical reason that they would, and in fact even the free proxy servers are not in fact free? Just watch this video for a quick intro.
The price you pay for using free proxies or VPNs is one of the following:
- Some form of adware or advertisements injected into your browsing.
- Risk of Nastier stuff like spyware or trojans or the proxy itself stealing your personal information.
People don’t like to believe it, because obviously they want to use something for free. Ultimately it’s for every one to decide for themselves, but you should certainly be very careful using any free resources which take control of all the information you transmit online (which is what a proxy does). The reality is that for bypassing region blocks, then using any sort of proxy no longer works – using a free proxy means you’ll get all the risk and no benefit.